Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Jack!

I can't believe you are 7.

I can't believe I popped this chubby 8 lb 15 1/2 oz baby out 7 whole years ago, and that after that birthing experience, I swore for 4 months you'd be the last (see next post for more on that).

I can't believe after bringing you home from the hospital that first week, that I sat sobbing at the awesome responsibility of just keeping you alive, and that it was up to me to do that.

I can't believe, at 7, that you still have the same amount of manic energy that caused you to slam into a wall at 23 months old and get stitches in your forehead.

And despite your energy and incredible boyness that is you, I couldn't love your charm, smile, desire to please, incredibly strong hugs and frequent kisses, and sheer enthusiasm for most things, any more than I do now.

You are handsome, smart, and lovable and I'm so glad God picked me to be your mom.

I love you Jack!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Big boy! We love you so much! Can't wait to see you later this month and give a big ol' BDay squeeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, jack i miss you. how are you ? love,gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!
    Love- Uncle Sam, Aunt Sarah, Noah, Jake & Avery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel