Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garden and graduation

Luke had his graduation ceremony from preschool last night.
 
I'm sorry but there's something so damn cute about 4 year olds in a cap and gown.



Luke and his future wife friend Abry

******************************
In other news, I got my garden all planted this past weekend. I spent a backbreaking 6 hours finishing it up. I am sure my hobbly mc'hobblington foot did not speed things up. So, I now have expectations for.....drumroll please............
  • Asparagus (look look!!! what I found popping out of the ground~ I had no idea it would look just like a stalk of asparagus sticking up! Only 2 of the 11 have sprung, but still!!!!!!!!!)   
  • Potatoes....I am super excited to say I have 12 PLANTS through the ground. Even if nothing else succeeds, this was the one thing I look the most forward to harvesting. I have such great memories digging for potatoes in my grandparents' garden-it's like a treasure hunt.

  • Onions
  • Carrots
  • Lettuce
  • Green Beans
  • Cucumbers
  • Bell Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Corn
  • Canteloupe
  • Pumpkins
  • Gourds
  • Sunflowers
  • Assorted herbs, including oregano, basil, dill, and mint

The herbs are guarantees since they are already plants....


So now, I sit back and continue to wait for good things to happen. And, I lied, if nothing but the potatoes succeed, I will be kind of pissed off.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Your going to have your very own farmers market! GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke sure does look adorable in that cap and gown! Did you do the ugly cry? Isabella's is tomorrow and I'm sure it won't be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Congratulations Luke! You sure look handsome in that cap and gown! Pappy and Grandma are proud of you!

    Wow! Things are showing up in your garden! Yes, I am surprised of the asparagus stalk the first year; usually they will be a fern like stalk! Good luck! Lots of hard work!

    Mom Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I have chills! This is what you have always wanted. It reminds me of your grandparents' farm. I hope we are going to have a nice homemade salad when we come up in July! Awesome work girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel