Thursday, January 14, 2010

White crayons and other annoyances


We have a rule in our house. No one can get out of their bed before that first number on their clock says 7. No, not the last number Luke, but the first number; the one before the dots. Somehow, ever since the time changed this fall, this has been very hard for us to do in our household. As soon as Rob goes into the kitchen to grab his granola bar or get his vitamin, a stealthy little blonde wakes up. I mean, this boy sleeps lightly. If you check on him on your way to bed and, say, take the wooden hockey stick out of his hand and place it on the bed, he'll open his eyes and ask you what you are doing. So, if it is 6:00 or anytime after that, he will hear movement and be up. And, unfortunately, that means we all be up at 6 a.m. And mama ain't no mornin' person. So, I growl my way upstairs to remind any small children sitting in their bed and waving at me that their clock does not indeed say 7 yet and they need to remain in their bed until such time. Then, I return to my bed, fully awake, and wait for the time to change again this spring.


On an unrelated rant topic:
What's up with the white crayon? I mean really, if you only have, say, 16 or 24 slots in the crayon box, why does white make the cut? Am I the ONLY PERSON who has had to argue with a 4 year old that YES, white DOES WORK, just not on that white paper you are using? Or then to have to pull it out of the trash can because he insists he is going to throw it away because it doesn't work?

I'll leave you with a few more Luke-ism's as it seems he is providing me with the most material lately:

Questions on the way to a MOPS meeting this morning:

Luke: "Mom, is the MOPS building this size of pounds?" (then demonstrates with hands)

Me: "Uh, hmmm, "

Luke: "Who is going to live in my house when I'm dead?"

Me: "Uh, I'm not sure..."

Luke: "If the snow melts, will it melt my nose?"

Me: "Ah, I don't think so...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel