Sunday, January 10, 2010

A cold weekend in Iowa

Friday, after 3 days stuck in the house either due to sickness or school cancellations, we decided to venture out for a family outing to the bowling alley. There was a two hour special for all you could bowl, including black lights/disco balls, so we were in. Due to his pro form and impeccable style, Rob took game 1 with a score of 132:

Jack, while thoroughly enjoying bowling at first, lost interest and became focused on lemonade refills and fake playing the video games after about a game and a half:

while Luke decided that he should hold this pose, after throwing releasing his ball, until his ball struck the pins: And let me tell you, that sometimes took a VERY LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time to happen. There was more than one occasion that we had to throw a second bowling ball down the lane to get his ball moving again.

Saturday Rob had to work, so the boys and I went to the mall to run a few errands and to Target. This always seems like a fairly easy venture but never turns out that way. I don't know, maybe I have too high of expectations, but after 3 hours of, "Luke, stop running!", "No, don't put that in your mouth after you've dropped it", "SSHHH! Inside voices", "No, we are not buying that!", "Luke, stop running!" I was sort of exhausted, so after Rob came home, we headed to church, and then back home for a fire and a few movies.

Today, after Jack had to work at the Legion for the annual Scouts pancake breakfast fundraiser, we returned to the house for more of the same. Sundays always feel very slow and sleepy to me, and once Luke's down for a nap and Rob and Jack head to the basement to play the Wii, the couch by the fire always lures me in.

I'll leave you with a few Luke-ism's this weekend:

"Luke, what do you want to be when you grow up? A truck driver? Doctor?"

"Nothing! I want to be a stay homer!"

At church, I pointed out a small newborn, probably no more than a few days old, to Luke-Look, isn't she cute?

"Yeah! Oh, she's so cute! When she grows up, is that baby going to hurt me?

WHAT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel