Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

Seriously. This is what Rob and keep saying when we look at the temperature, and then look at each other. Seriously. WHAT were we thinking? Iowa officially marks itself in the Miller history book as the coldest place we have lived in. We are just really tired of seeing this when we look at the temperature gauge:

It was actually -18 on our van driving to church Sunday morning. And folks, that's not -2 but "feels like blah blah blah with windchill". This was just straight up, -18 degrees. Seriously. It's too cold for the birds to even come to our birdfeeder lately. We have snow frozen onto the INSIDE of our front door jam. Yikes. So, while we love to do things like this in the winter:

The hill/cornfield behind our house


Rachel and Jack

Luke loves his new purple sled


Lately, we've been "stuck" in the house doing things like this instead. Not a bad trade-off, huh?


4 comments:

  1. HA! It's funny that our blogs have such "similar" pictures. ;-)

    I just updated mine with the New Year's Eve pics so if you want to try to copy them from the blog to see if they get a wee bit bigger, now's the time.

    What might actually work better is if you click on the picture to enlarge, copy the URL on top, open your add image box and paste it in the box under "Or add an image from the web". Let me know how that works for you.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love your new blog!! You are a gifted writer, my friend!! Welcome to the "Land of blog"!
    Thanks for including me! You are now on my favorites link!!
    XOXO,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! Good job on your first blog! I am a total blog stalker, so when Liz mentioned that (1) you just started a blog and (2) you live in my favorite state, I had to stop by.

    Good to see you and your fam!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rakey!! I absolutely LOVE that you started doing this! I love seeing the pics and hearing about what you are up to since our conversations are broken up by the kids and busy lives...thanks for sharing. xoxo, Stef

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel