Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Has anyone seen my duck?

This is Luke. He is a four year old, fun-loving, convention bucking guy who often leaves us scratching our heads. He doesn't care much for "fitting in" or "making others like me"; he would rather just do what he wants to do, when he wants to do it. Probably fantastic traits for a future leader or way-paver, but for now, he can sometimes be tough to manage. He stores bits and pieces in his head like Rainman, and inserts them into conversations whenever he pleases. Sort of like this:

"Mom, where's my shirt?"?

"Gee honey, I don't know, I haven't seen it."

"You BLOCKHEAD!"


Or, try this one today riding to preschool with his friend Abry:

"Abry, I hate it when you call me your big baboo."

"What are you talking about, I didn't even say that?"

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Do you think maybe we should watch a little less Charlie Brown? Anyways, he does give us some chuckles along the way, that's for sure. This is how he looked the other night when I checked on him before going to bed...
What has posessed him to tuck his "guys", as he and Jack affectionately call the stuffed animals such as Duck that they sleep with, into the front of his pants before falling asleep, is beyond me. He's even taken to upping the ante-the record is now six guys stuffed in his pants. The only question Rob had when I showed him the picture is, "Wow! Who's the lucky fella?"
Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. That couldn't be any funnier!! I love the picture of Luke peeking over the fence too!
    -allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is so FUNNY!!!! I love it...
    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel