Monday, January 25, 2010

He's still not goin'

An oldie but goodie; how could you not love that?

Here's a conversation I just had after dropping Jack off for school:

Me: "Bye Jack! Remember, treat everyone like you want to be treated! I love you! Bye!"

Luke: "I am NOT going to go to school!"

Me: "Yes, you are Luke, when you are 6 you are going to go to kindergarten."

Luke: "No, I am NOT!"

Me: "Yes, you are, you have to go to school or you are breaking the law."


Brief interlude here to drop head in hands and say, Please, don't let this day be miserable...(and that was not me saying that)

Luke: "I am NOT going to school, and I am NOT going to law. I am going to the other law! Mom, what are the other laws in this town?"

Me: "Well, you can't speed, don't hurt anyone, you can't steal anything, and you have to go to school. That's all I can think of right now."

Luke: "Hmm, I am going to pick law then!"

Okay, then.
Lord help me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is serious about this school thing, huh? Well, hopefully he'll come around. My younger brother HATED school since day 1, which made the next 13 years miserable for my poor mother, but I'm happy to report that she made it.
    I sure do love those blond curls :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel