Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daily Five

*We've officially moved our home office into the basement to make way for a new bedroom! It has been painted but is awaiting the chair rail before we can officially move the crib, etc. in. This is making me see how close it's getting! I'm ready to get set up and feel organized.

*I had my 28 week doctor appointment today--fingers crossed that I will NOT have gestational diabetes. I haven't in the past but am more nervous this time around for some reason. The doctor asked how everything was going and I said I feel great aside from the "circus freak" feeling I am getting more and more frequently when people find out my due date. I know, you are tired of hearing it. I'm working on not caring. I am moving from not getting upset about it to trying to come up with more clever retorts to surprise people.
*Quote of the day from the carpet cleaning guy:
He: "So when you due?"
Me: December {my friend says I should just say "late fall" like the celebrites do. Keep it vague, don't really let them know when exactly you're due. I might try that.}
He: "Oh, he's gonna be a BIG ONE cuz I thought you was 9 months already, I thought you was about ready to DROP!"
Me: "Yeah, I get that a lot."

I'm pretty sure if he wasn't trying to stay all professional, being on the job and all, he would have added a DAMN, GIRL! to the end of that, but I was spared.

I guess it's really not upsetting me terribly, I'm starting to be able to see it as sort of funny. The doctor says I'm only measuring about a week ahead, I think it's just the way I carry and of course, being the third, they {you know, the proverbial they} say you get bigger each time.

*Quote of the day from Luke while he and I ate dinner together:
He: "How can you eat so fast?"
Me: "Because I stay focused on eating, unlike you who is very distracted while you eat."
He: "You're like in a hot dog race when you eat dinner."

Yowza. It is true I'm hungrier than normal, but being accused of eating like I'm in a hot dog race by a 6 year old? That stings.

*I made 10 loaves of zucchini bread and froze most of it. I also tried my hand at salsa. I must note that neither the zucchini or the tomatoes came from my own garden because I can't seem to grow a damn thing.

*Does anyone else avoid making eye contact with any animals that are on the livestock truck that pulls up next to you at the light? I mean, I like the bacon and ham, but I really don't want to look those pigs in their sad, sad eyes as they are on their way to market. Every time I do I wonder if I should become a vegetarian for the guilt I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel