Monday, October 3, 2011

Hot, huge, hemorroids and heartburn

We got the baby room all painted and the chair rail installed over the weekend. You can't really see what the colors look like in the picture, but it is pink on top and chocolate brown on bottom with a white chair rail. I love it! I think Rob did a great job on the chair rail even with all of the funky angles he had to cut. Now it's time to move in!

Now, my theme of "h's. These things are all true. Standard complaints of a pregnant person. However. Here's the real deal. I got the mail, and with it, my monthly bill of $100 to pay off all of the doctor appointments related to little babies who weren't meant for this world. What I mean is, that receiving that statement is a real monthly reminder and a call to reconsider my complaints. After 4 consecutive miscarriages, I said often, what is the chance that the 5th time will work? Why do I think that the FIFTH one will be just fine after 4 in a row that weren't? Why even try? But we did. And,somehow, I was blessed with this incredibly strong fighter baby who decided she just was strong enough to make it through.

So, honestly, am I justified to complain even a little for the trials and tribulations of pregnancy? No, not really. Because it's a true miracle that I'm even able to experience this special state of being one more time. I need to savor all of the realities of it and remember how amazing it is that I'm able to grow this wonderful life.

2 comments:

  1. Baby room looks great! Next all the furniture and it will look great! Good job to all! Can't wait to see it!

    Mom M

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks great. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done.

    BTW ~ I'm envisioning 4 canvases of sweet little baby parts up on that wall. I might just have to come up to take those pictures for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel