Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pregnancy brain

Her are a few things convincing me I've lost my mind recently.

1) I walked out of Target (but was caught) after paying for my groceries and taking none of the bags with me.

2) I walked out of our local convenience store without paying for 3 milkshakes. The kids and I stood around and chatted a bit, and then just strolled on out without a care in the world. I thought of it about 3 hours later, at home, when I asked Jack, "Did I pay for those milkshakes?" A little embarrassing to walk back in later and admit, but they were very nice about it.

3) I gave Rob a birthday card for our anniversary. He started laughing when he opened it, and when I asked what was funny, he said, it says birthday. Knowing that I often will buy inappropriate cards just to laugh (like happy 80th card for someone turning 40), he thought it was deliberate at first but then realized it wasn't. He tried to help me out by asking if it was in the wrong section, but nope, I just walked right up to the birthday section to buy his anniversary card.

And for the record for those of you keeping track at home: number of times I've been asked if I'm having twins in the last 4 days: 3 times. Score.

1 comment:

  1. Don't want to be the bearer of bad news Rach-but that pregnancy brain lingers around a little longer after subsequent children..or maybe it is an age thing..jury is still out. I frequently find myself in the middle of conversation with poor soul only to realize as their eyes glaze over- that we have had the same exact conversation before!! And it's been a year since I was preggers!!Ugh!
    I'll call you this week to check in...
    XOXO.
    a

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel