Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Review

The last two books I've read have been memoirs written by men. They both were incredibly honest and both were men who've had many experiences in life, some of them quite intense, but nonetheless lifechanging experiences that turned them into who they are today. I found them completely intriguing and truly appreciated their willingness to be incredibly vulnerable and expose their weaknesses. I would recommend both as good reads and both have inspired me to continue my hunger for memoirs lately. I haven't read a memoir in the last  year that disappointed. Of course, none of the memoirs I've read are by famous people which seem to be saturating the bookshelves nowadays, so it's quite possible the honesty and vulnerability I've grown to love about memoirs might be sorely lacking in that bunch.



1 comment:

  1. I've read quite few biographies lately too... you might want to check some of these out:
    *Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
    *The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George
    *Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
    *Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel