Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Celebrating Easter

So sorry I have been M.I.A. for so long! I know I always get disappointed when I log on to the blogs I read and keep seeing the last post I read. (Of course, I am taking liberties here assuming hordes of people are all gung ho about seeing what good ol' R. Miller and clan are up to and that is a stretch, I know...)

Anyway, we traveled 1100 miles in the last week to visit family for Easter. I am so thankful that my kids are such great travelers since we do it so frequently! I hope to instill the same sense of adventure and wonderment of all the places to go and things to see in our great country that Rob and I feel.
We had a great time visiting with my sister and family, as well as my Mom and my Dad and his wife Donna. This is Grandpa after being bamboozled into putting together the very gift he'd just given.
The kids played lots of Wii, and my nephew celebrated his 5th birthday while we were there.
Then we were off to Grandma and Pappy's for more Easter fun with the other side of the family. The Easter Bunny was good enough to stop by there for the boys:
I made the yummy Peeps cake that my friend Liz told me about, and below, you will see the evidence of that with Aunt Amber:

Aunt Amber and Uncle Brian like to ask Luke if he's sweet or sassy. He usually says sweet for most, but almost always replies sassy for Uncle Brian. When Grandma asked him what she would be, he said, "Well, that's a tricky question." This boy knows where his bread is buttered when he's at Grandma and Pappy's, don't let him fool you.
Rob and I were able to attend not one, but TWO church services kid-less, which was wonderful, although once we got to the Easter Vigil, I felt that maybe we should have taken Jack to appreciate the more magical side of church.
Finally, it was very nice to come home and see that all of my daffodil bulbs had bloomed while we were away. That's one of the fun things when you move to a new place, discovering what is planted where and watching it all take shape. Spring is finally here! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Missed you while you were away!Sounds like a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel