Monday, April 26, 2010

Day to day

Not much new doin' lately.

We had some quick weekend visitors. Rob's parents decided to make a trip up to deliver some things they had found for us. Paul, Rob's dad, is a hard bargainer extraordinaire. He delights in negotiating a lower price and bringing home his treasures, so we gave him a list of "stuff" to find and he ran with it. So, among the deliveries were a tiller with a rebuilt engine, an air compressor, and a power drill. I love having a tiller to finish preparing the garden, and Rob loves the air compressor. I think he pretty much blew air into everything we own this weekend.
Speaking of blowing air--this is Paul's "hillbilly car drier"

(Sorry, but I gave you ample warning that if you did things like dry off your van with a leaf blower, it is fair game for my blog.)

********************
Luke had his spring singing program at preschool Sunday. I was SO proud of him! He stood up there on stage just like he was supposed to, and actually sang the songs and did the motions too! This is a HUGE improvement over the fall program where he ran back and forth in front of the other kids singing and kept putting his hand over the little girls mouth next to him so she couldn't sing. YEA LUKE!!

********************
I love feeling more in touch with the farmers and really noticing the stage that crops are in. I have never personally known this many farming families or driven by so many freshly tilled fields as a normal part of my day, and I really do feel much more in tune with what is happening around me. Listening to the farm reports and daily closing prices on the radio is actually really cathartic!
********************

Parenthood

I am loving this show.
I am not a cryer. I am also not a TV watcher.
However, this show brings me to the misty eyed/lump in my throat state that is about as close to crying as it gets. Every episode. I think Rob gets there too, though he hasn't admitted it officially. The show is smart, funny, and real. I would highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Luke looks so old to me now! Yea Luke!
    I am going to have to check out Parenthood..you are the 4th person to suggest it. Good catching up with you the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Luke! Aren't those school programs so much more enjoyable when you're not freaking out about what your kid is/isn't doing? A couple of years ago Isabella decided to flash everyone by lifting her dress while performing on stage. Multiple times. Yeah, that was AWESOME!

    Please do tell Rob's dad that I like the way he thinks. He's seeing the possibilities in everything and that's awesome.

    And regarding Parenthood, oy! It tugs at my heartstrings like no other show does.

    You just keep on truckin', my little tree hugging, farmer loving, granola eating friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel