Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bad words

Jack informed me yesterday morning before school that he now knows the "f" word. He then proceeded to tell me that he also knows how to spell it (demonstration here), but would like to know how you would use it. Like, would you say, you did it to someone? or that someone has one of these? After pulling out of him WHO he heard that word from, I proceeded to explain that we just wouldn't use it any of those ways because we just don't say that, and that it would be a quick way to get himself in trouble. He also mentioned that he'd seen this word on the slide on a playground we stopped at last week on the way home from Indiana. Perfect. This now joins his collection of other bad words he's learned, such as the "a" word and the "sh" word. Superb! You know Allie, tell your husband I agree, nothing good ever happens on the bus, and you are certainly being reasonable to decide that your child might NEVER ride the bus.

2 comments:

  1. OH NOOOOOOO!!! I bet you had a big lump in your throat when he broke that one out on you.
    I'm sorry. I know sooner than later it will happen to me too.
    Until then, maybe we can get those bumper stickers printed
    "NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS ON A SCHOOL BUS."

    ReplyDelete
  2. And let me just say I'll gladly buy one of those stickers to put on our car.

    Every time Isabella sees a school bus, she asks me when she'll get to ride on one. My response is quick and consistent ~ "When you go on a school field trip and I go with you. Won't that be fun?"

    So sorry, Rach! But if it's any consolation, at least he asked you first rather than throw it out there in the middle of dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel