Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesdays with Luke

After a lengthy hiatus to an unspecified location, energy has once again returned to me, so today was housecleaning day. (Don’t you hate it when it just runs off like that? I always tell it to stay close, but it has a mind of its own). My house smells like dust and pee. You know it’s bad when Jack says, “Boy, mom, you sure do need to vacuum.” It’s been a while. 3 hours today, progress has been made, but much to be done.

*******************************************************
Luke and I went to the mall today. I don't know what has made me realize it, but I truly have seen how easy and enjoyable he is to hang out with all day. When it's just he and I, it is peaceful and relaxing. He goes with the flow, doesn't ask for much, and makes me laugh. I'm sure going to miss him when he's gone every day next year!
*********************************************************
A few daily Luke-ism’s:

I used the younger brother of our regular babysitter last night for the first time. He is younger than I usually use, a 7th grade boy, and not an especially tall fella. When I got home with him and the boys, Luke asked, “But who’s gonna watch us now mom because there’s 3 kids here?” I’m sure that made the babysitter feel like a super stud.

Today while he was eating his cereal, Luke asked me, “Why does Father Mike say according to me?”

I loved that one .I’ll give you a minute….

”The gospel, according to Luke…..”

Lest we think our kids aren’t listening.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness,... PRICELESS!!! Thanks for the laugh.

    I'm so glad you're recording all these memories. Not only are we likely to forget, but they will probably not believe us when we tell them years down the road.

    BTW, my house looks like CRAP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel