Monday, March 29, 2010

Behold the crumbs

Yep, that's what it's come down to. Crumbs.
For years, Rob was in a holding pattern of faint hope, denial, and then gradually, slow acceptance of the fact that well, he just wasn't gonna hold on to that hair. He used to meticulously groom each individual curl and place it just so. For those of you who didn't know the Rob of yesteryear, he had very tight curls, which helps explain the boys' curly hair. If I was looking towards the top of his head, he'd say, "What are you looking at? Are you looking at my hair?" Those days are now long gone, although I must say, I only recently talked him out of using both shampoo and conditioner. He does still use gel. But don't tell him I told you. He said it's just part of his routine.

Anyway, where I'm going with this, is that I cut all the boys' hair in this house, and I recently gave Rob a cut. Which, nowadays, means no guard on the clippers, so it's a very short cut. Rob asked Luke if he wanted Mommy to cut his hair like Daddy's, and Luke replied, "No Daddy, you just have crumbs". So, the life cycle of tight, tiny curls, to crumbs has been completed.

Sorry Daddy.

3 comments:

  1. Tell Rob I feel his pain. I used to have nice thick rich brunette hair. Now, I have breakable,graying, brassy God- knows- what -color- hair.
    I want Carrie Underwood hair!!
    Sorry Rob, it comes for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They call it a distinguished "Do"! You will never forget all the little phrases coming from your children with this "Blog"! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robby, it could be worse,... you could have Scott's "hair" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel