Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crazy days

I am predating this entry to last Thursday, because that was a crazy day. I wanted to write sooner but, well, see title of post. You get the drift.

We started the day by going to the area M.O.P.S. meeting. For those long before or beyond this stage in life, this stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. Not sure what the S is for. Anyhoo, it's a group who gathers to share motherhood stories and sometimes hear inspirational speakers, and generally, just to drink coffee and take a short break from said preschoolers. Because there is little time between this meeting and preschool on Thursdays, we enjoyed a "car picnic" in the preschool parking lot, which involves sitting in the back of the van and sharing a peanut butter sandwich with Luke. He actually really digs these winter car picnics. Of course, I had to remember the snack for preschool which I was in charge of. Then, after dropping him off, I was off to a 1:00 lunch date with a friend. Back to retrieve Luke, then rush home to be sure to beat the bus for Jack. We then rushed to our private swimming lessons which we started today, 1/2 hour for each boy. They weren't really excited about this, but I am trying to explain that it's a great life lesson to know how to swim for their safety. The instructor asked if Jack had not been looking forward to it, since during the lesson, he said to her, "Hey, this is actually fun!"


After swimming, we rushed into the locker room to change, which sounded a lot like,

"Let's go let's go LET'S GO!! We have to go to Scouts now! If you don't hurry we won't have time to pick up McDonalds! I know having no underwear feels weird with your jeans but I forgot them! Geez! I'm not perfect! Let's GOOOOOOOO!"

Pick up McDonalds, head to Cub Scouts, where I was the assistant for the meeting and led a discussion about stranger safety. In the midst of swimming lessons and Scouts, Rob's parents had arrived in town and were sitting in a parking lot awaiting further instruction.

The sad thing is, many people actually live this way on a regular basis. This day had me in full sweats with a racing heart for a good part of the day so I know it would not be good for my health and well being to make this a habit. Nor would it be good for the kids. So, I am thankful that this was an anomoly and generally, I can say, we really aren't too busy.

And that's the way I like it.

1 comment:

  1. No, I am not cut out for that hassled lifestyle either...when would I fit in my daily nap??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel