Thursday, March 18, 2010

The sweetest time of the day

I took these pictures of the boys sleeping the other night. Sometimes, just looking at them sleeping is enough to remind you just how little and sweet they really are.

This is Luke with his Mick. Mick is our friend Liz's dog, who is a huge, and generally scary looking Rotweiler mix, though he is tenderhearted. She sent this dog to Luke, and he claims every night that Mickey protects him.
This is Jack, who no longer sleeps with any "guys", but has slept on his back like this ever since he was a baby, and often with his mouth open. He's already a snorer which makes him a hard person to sleep around when traveling.

It's often at night check time that whatever frustrations or grievances you might have towards the kids from that day are able to melt away and you can just feel thankful again that God blessed you with these children. As He says in the Bible, children are a reward, and it's our challenge to remember to look at them as such.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, they are indeed a blessing. As I age, I realize this is a simple truth easily forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a blessing! I just want to get in there and get a big hug, so peaceful. Just love it! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that to be so true...when I do my final check before heading to bed I reflect on the chaos of the day...it does make you realize how wonderful they really are and to TRY to make the next day even better.
    Still lovin' your blog! Miss you. Stef

    SNOW...really?! I am so over it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel