Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom, I got a question


I am predating a few entries that I meant to post earlier this week. Just roll with it, it's been one of those weeks...

Today I actually heard birds chirping. Real birds! The temps were in the mid 30's and it felt almost springlike, and I gotta tell ya, people were downright jovial today. The temps were certainly the talk of the town. Just a few more weeks till the official "first" day of spring! Woo hoo!

I'd like to chronicle just a few of the questions that are shot at an everyday mom like myself on a regular basis. Here's a handful that hit me today:

Luke:
  • What is water made of? Uhh...
  • What is ice made of? (OOH OOH, pick me! I know this one!)
  • What is lettuce made of? Uhh...
  • What is a bush made of? Uhh....
  • What is a biscuit made of? (I know this one too!)
  • What is orange made of? (Not an orange, but the color. Hmm.....)
  • Are you a bird watcher or a golfer? Definitely a bird watcher...
  • How do you make Mike & Ike's? I'm not sure....
  • How does a baby get in your belly? Yikes.... Rob! Come here please!

Jack:

  • But what is the biggest number? INFINITY! C'mon Mom, that's not even a number!
  • How can a kid have $69? Because you are doing a great job saving for that DS son!
  • How old are you when you die? Oh, it's different for everyone, usually when you are 70 or 80. (Enter panic here... But Mom, grandma and Pappy are almost 70!) Oh yes, but they are VERY strong and healthy!
  • But what does it feel like when you die? Oh, very peaceful, you see a bright light!
  • Why did God even make crocodiles? Why would he make something that eats people? I really don't know!

WHEW!

Is it really any wonder that Mom's are exhausted at the end of the day?


1 comment:

  1. So funny!! I like the way their little minds work!! Please don't let them ask me any of those questions. ;)
    Duh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel