Friday, March 12, 2010

I love this little bugger


Luke and I had a really good day together. Against all odds, really, since I've been feeling really tired lately (damn that Florida trip! I'm still not caught up on my sleep! HA!), and had a lot of cleaning/preparing to do for our St. Pattie's Day party tomorrow, so generally, those types of things are a recipe for disaster for quality time with your kids. He was helpful, stayed on task cleaning up all on his own, sweet, and easy. Awesome. And maybe, just maybe, this was a gift from God, acknowledging that when your day is started with a little time with Him and some prayer, your day might just go better. Who knows? Whatever the reason, I'll take it. He warmed my heart today and I love it.


Luke-ism's in the last 24 hours:

"I love dogs! They're so soft and warm. They're made of cotton, right Mom?"

"But can dads come to MOPS? Why can't dads come to MOPS?
Because it's just for kids and moms, so we can talk about mom stuff.
"Like lipstick?"
Yes, like lipstick.

"So swimming trunks are made of a paterin (pattern), softness, and shorts, and then they become swimming trunks, right Mom?"

and, last but not least, in case I was starting to think I was a she-woman or something,

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that your muscles aren't very big."

And so ends a day in the life of my charming, unique, free-spirited little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel