Monday, March 22, 2010

I love

I love:
The first flowers of spring. I think we moved in too late in the season last year to know these little gems were hiding out in the back:
I love:

Kids singing in the shower. Something about hearing kids sing or talk out loud while they play alone makes them sound so happy and content.

I love:
Spreadsheets and comparison analysis. Yup, I'm a bona fide nerd. Things like Consumer Reports, where they constantly compare products side by side for price, taste, quality, etc. are right up my alley. I keep a spreadsheet on everything. I have a spreadsheet for Christmas shopping/budget, when everyone last had which medical appointment, books and movies I want to read/see, money we've invested in the house and when the project was done, you name it. So, to fulfill my urges, I recently did a Wal Mart vs. Target comparison. I don't know about you, but Wal Mart has a way of making you feel like it's cheaper. However, while shopping at Wal Mart, you might also feel like you'd rather be anywhere but in a Wal Mart. Am I right?

Well, rest assured ladies and gents, you can feel good shopping at Target, while your pocketbook feels good as well. My most recent analysis of a $100 trip to each store, buying 20+ items I regularly buy, such as dishsoap, bread, deodorant, butter, shampoo, etc., reveals that it was over 2% cheaper to buy all of those items at Target. Yahoo!

This actually has nothing to do with the fact that my husband works for Target. (Well, that's a bonus, but that's not why I did it). I was just genuinely curious and I like to save money. And, I must say, I was happy with the results.

Happy shopping! Go Target!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you do charting and analysis. One of the many things I love about you! Please continue to chart for those of us who are too dumb/lazy to do so! Not that I needed another reason to shop at Target!
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know. I hate Walmart as much as I love Target! :)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel