Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Results and boots

I've been a bit lax on posting my Jenny Craig/weight loss updates. I have gone from charging out of the gate to limping along, and it is for a lack of trying. So, that is much LESS discouraging than if I was working my tush off and not getting any results. It's not that I'm not trying at all, I am just not being nearly as disciplined as I was initially. Hence, the story of weight loss. Sigh.

So, I had a maintain week, then a .4 gain (SUCH a gift if you knew how many sweets I ate that week), followed by today's loss of -1.5, for a new cumulative total of -17.1.

Here's what I know. I'm sad that I am not still über motivated as I was initially, especially since I'm not even to my halfway mark quite yet (5 more pounds!). However I am excited to know that now that I have lost 7% of my body weight, I have reduced my risk of getting type 2 diabetes by 60%. I think that's huge. Because one of my biggest motivators for finally getting off of my steadily growing a$# was that I was so afraid I was heading towards some real health concerns, such as diabetes, due to my poor diet and growing waistline. I have also learned that there are significant differences in my hunger/cravings during different weeks of the "lady cycle". Namely, that around the middle of the month, I am hungrier and want more sugar, and it's much more difficult to do the right things, vs. two weeks later. Now that I have identified that, I can plan for these times more accordingly. {How I have never really identified this before after 15 years of program dieting is beyond me. Though I have mentioned not being as "in touch" with my body as I should be before.} Finally, solely from wearing the armband and seeing the numbers for my activity each day, I am much more aware of my movements and/or lack of throughout the day and am much more motivated just to get up and move around, regardless of what I am doing. I look at programmed exercise so much differently than I did before and realize, as long as you always moving and doing something, that counts just as much.

Soooooo, enough on that. Get a load of this. These boots had me at yee-haw.




 

I know you want to insert those tiny toes into your mouth and start consuming her now, but back off, she's already taken. Unless it's during one of those times where she screeches at the top octave humanly possible which she has started to do on the regular as of late. Then, I might let you just have a little nibble.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great on that diet; keep it up - the end result is so great. Just wish I was motivated! Wish I could reach in and get a hug - she looks like she could do some down-right-dancin'! What a cutie!

    M Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, 1st off, Josie is tooooo cute! What a doll! And you are doing great if you had a couple off weeks and are still losing. Way to go. Keep it up. You'll be so glad you did. And, summer's right around the corner. (or so they say - still 20's and 30's around here!)
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel