Thursday, February 28, 2013

Here's the results from Tuesday's JC meeting:
Lost: -3.0
Cumulative: -16 lbs.

Yee haw I have the halfway point in my headlights. Still not enough for anyone to really notice yet except maybe a little in my face.

Arriving at my halfway point is my first short term goal, followed by arriving at my "pre Josie" weight. I'm feeling really good about my progress. My first reward happens today; a massage that I got from Rob for Christmas. I told myself I could redeem it once I got into this new decade of weight so now I am here. Aaah I can't wait.

Speaking of progressing and reaching goals, I am reading a book called the Happiness Project right now by Gretchen Rubin:

Clearly you cannot really click to look inside when it's on my blog. I am just too lazy to find an image that doesn't say that. Thanks to Amazon for the image!

Anyhoo, this book was a slow starter for me. Initially, she discusses the research she undertook to get started on the book and the reasons why she wanted to do it, and I just wasn't sure I was going to get into it. However once she started digging into different arenas each month, I was hooked, and have found some profound truths that make sense to me, but I hadn't really looked at them in such stark terms. I found myself relating to her in so many different ways, I felt that we were kindred spirits. That is, until I read last night about her considering herself agnostic which I felt so bummed by. Anyway, here is the first snippet that I wanted to share as it's relevant to what I am talking about with goals and progess:

"A sense of growth is so important to happiness that it's often preferable to be progressing to the summit rather than to be at the summit. And this, I love:

"Best is good, better is best"

There are several other pieces like this that I will share with you in the days to come, but in the meantime, I am really enjoying this book and would recommend it to anyone comtemplating their life and happiness level. As she states at the beginning of the book, she wasn't depressed, she just thought that she could be happier. Wouldn't so many of us relate to that statement?

1 comment:

  1. Rachel - you are doing so good on your weight loss program! Keep up the good work. And way to go rewarding yourself with a massage! ahhhh enjoy. Book sounds interesting. I might look into that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel