Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thoughts whilst in a Wal Mart

I really do not enjoy going to Wal Mart. I much prefer going to Target. However, it always seems that no matter where we live, the Wal Mart is much closer than the Target is, so if I only have about 6 things to get, it's really not worth driving to the Target. Hence, my trip to Wal Mart today.

  • Why are the cashiers rarely friendly? As in, do not even respond when I say hi as they start to check me out? (Aren't they supposed to acknowledge you the customer?? Instead they often seem to be griping about their supervisor or their schedule to another nearby employee. Um, hi, did you notice there was a customer here? And then, hand me my receipt, and I say thank you, and they never once said thank you during the transaction? I mean, I know they personally are not pocketing the money you just spent there, but, still.
  • I saw there was a new fragrance by Madonna, fittingly titled Truth or Dare, so I squirted about 3 sprays onto myself assuming it would be something decent. Holy SWEETNESS! Would you ever expect a fragrance by Madonna to be all sweet and flowers instead of sexy or edgy? I was so surprised, and I will continue to be every time I put on that coat which will now smell like Truth or Dare for the next two months or so. And, choosing Wal Mart as the outlet for it? Are we sure it was Madonna who steered this product?
  • Is anyone else tired of seeing people in their flannel pajama pants and slippers shopping in stores? Is it really that much effort to change into something streetworthy? Personally I often go out in public wearing knit exercise type pants and tennis shoes. I am certainly not bringing my A game. But I still would not leave on my pajamas and slippers and walk out the door. It just seems a little lazy to me. Now in college, it was perfectly acceptable for me to go to my 8 a.m. class in my peach long john waffle weave bottoms and a long sweatshirt, but that was another time and another place. Right?

Wow, I just read that and it all seems like I'm a little grumpy. I really don't feel grumpy today. Just observant.

On another note, I virtually maintained at yesterday's weigh in: I lost -.3 lbs, for a total of -12.7. But I am perfectly ok with that since we went out of town for the weekend and historically that is quite difficult for me to stay on track. We met up with some old neighbors from Iowa and it was so nice to see them again and catch up. And, of course, the kids always love a good water park. And I have to tell you, although by no means did I feel that I looked good in my swimming suit, with just 12 lbs down, I felt SO much better than I did in November in the same situation, so that is enough to keep you motivated to keep working.







1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you regarding clerks, etc. now days. I have to take exception to a few who seem to go out of their way to be nice, but overall I have to wonder what has happened to "customer appreciation." There are times when I feel like I should apologize or something for bothering them with a checkout!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel