Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ugh

Whenever you are on a weight loss journey, setbacks and 'gainbacks' are bound to happen. I just didn't think it would happen so soon. And sadly, I have no great excuse for it, like, "We were on vacation!", or, "I went to an amazing Super Bowl party and couldn't control myself!" I just ate too much, plain and simple, and had to pay the piper today.

Lost/gained: +1.5
Cum. loss: -7.5
 
It was the first time I went to see my friends at Jenny and I wasn't excited to see how I did. Aargh. While I was the most active of all the weeks so far, I also ate the most. And the thing is, when you are paying a lot for something like this, you feel like you just can't afford to screw up. It felt like throwing $100 right down the toilet.
 
So, I left my meeting, ran to the grocery for a few items, ate a donut, and got back on the wagon. Those of you who have never dieted have just fallen off your chair at the idea that I left that meeting feeling that way and then ate a donut. Those of you who can relate to my struggle will understand that sometimes, when you really want something, and you tell yourself you can't have it, you want it 100 times more. And you will "eat around" that thing trying to satisfy yourself for the thing you 'couldn't' have, and end up eating more than you would have if you would have just let yourself have the thing. So, I had the thing. It was good but not as great as I had built it up to be after a month donut-less.Sigh.
 
I leave you with a few more pictures. Josie's been on a thrill ride lately with these two brothers. Usually she is tickled pink. Sometimes she ends up in tears from a tumble. And usually the drivers are going way too fast, which of course she loves, and I worry sick about and tell them to SLOW DOWN NELLI!
 

And speaking of tickled pink... he just wanted to know if it would fit. You be the judge.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh out loud at luke in that coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there; there will be better days coming. Winter months are so hard but I know you can do it! Those pictures are hilarious! Josie knows what to do with those "piggies"; stuck in the air. Love it!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel