Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Swacket

I have a new word for you that I learned today.
Swacket.
I used some of Josie's birthday money to buy her a swacket.
It is a denim jacket, with a hooded sweatshirt sewn into it.
How clever are these marketers nowadays?

I also got her a little western style button up shirt that is SO screaming for cowboy boots to go with it, but that is neither here nor there.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Ours was good. Luke had a very Ninjago Christmas. I mean like every gift under the tree, from both us, and his good friend Santa, was Ninjago. Though he seems to have lost faith in Santa and his abilities to deliver. This year, he claimed that he was going to put everything he really wanted to get on Grandma's list, because he knew he would get it then, since Santa never gets him what he wants. Such a cynic at such a young age. I tried to explain to him that when he adds something like a ninja suit onto his list at the 11th hour, Santa might be already DONE with him and so therefore cannot pull a ninja suit out of his jolly fat bag, but it falls on deaf ears.

This morning during breakfast, he asked me why he didn't get to sit on the fake Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas this year.

Rob picked him up from school and when he was explaining why he had temporary paper license plates on, Luke said, oh, I know why you just have paper ones now, because the real ones are made of lava, right Dad?

Oh my child, these comments are what keep us from tearing our hair out when you make us crazy. Thanks son.

Editor's Note: It turns out all of that crazy talk before might have been because he actually was getting sick, but just didn't know how to verbalize those feelings yet. He got strep throat over Christmas break, but without the sore throat. Only Luke. So he had a raging fever, headache, and general malaise for almost a week before we figured it out and got him on an antibiotic. He did say to me today that when he had that headache he was scared that something was wrong with his brain, so that does sort of validate my idea that maybe he's been exposed to too much reality lately. I think it's time to rein it in a bit and let him live in innocent world as much as I can right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel