Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Results-Week One

My first weigh-in was today... results.........

-4.8 lbs
 
 
What was good: I liked the lack of preparation/time needed to make my meals. The most time consuming piece was making a salad with my lunch. This fits right into my lifestyle right now and it is so easy to just look at the piece of paper where it tells me what I'm eating next, and knowing that the number of calories and the fat/carb/protein balance has already been thought out for the day. And actually, the food for the most part was pretty decent. Maybe it's because only eating 1200 calories a day, damn near anything will taste pretty decent.
I also really like the one on one consultations. I know I would not have been able to get this catered approach to my own issues/eating with a larger group setting such as Weight Watchers. I told the girls that they should make me their project and that I wanted to be one of their before and after posters.
 
What was tough: The last few days of the week, I felt hungrier so I did a lot more grazing. While the amount I ate was still significantly less for the week than it would have been had I not been doing Jenny Craig, I was still a little disappointed in myself that I didn't end up doing even better by avoiding those extra bites.
The cost of this program is also a bit tough to swallow. It is about $130/week in food. HOWEVER: If you look at it as something that I need to do to change my life, it is much easier to justify the cost. Plus, once you factor out the cost of what you would have spent on food for yourself anyway, it isn't as high. I was eating out for lunch at least 3-4 times a week before, so the cost of this program diminishes even more. At this point, I needed something, and it was worth it. I need to look at it like I was worth it.
 
Loved: The chocolate cheesecake.
Hated: The cheese curl snack. Tasted a bit like cardboard.
 
So, heading into week two. Let's hope I have another good loss that will help me stay motivated. I am going to be going to the Wisconsin Dells next month which will require me to strap on a bathing suit so that might help give me a little nudge. 

3 comments:

  1. That's just plain awesome, girl! And yes, you are absolutely right, you are definitely worth it. Just look at it as an investment in your health, family and future. I'm so happy for you!

    So, when you left your consultation did they say something like "I'll see a lot less of you next week!, or "Remember, nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels!"? Boy, how I miss hearing that week after week! NOT!

    Oh, and by the way, I have found many delicious things that taste as good, if not better, as being skinny feels.. . Just saying'!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Congratulations to you! It sure takes a lot of will power and I know you can do it just because you want it so bad! I need to get on the bandwagon very soon! Good Luck!

    Mom M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1 week under you belt. (or out of your belt) Great job! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel