Thursday, December 13, 2012

Aaaah

Just finished a nice glass of Pinot Grigio after getting my evening's work done (about 10 p.m. if I'm doing good!) and feeling all nice and jiggly. Thanks Pinot!

I was having a few thoughts about Christmas. I have always swore that I won't be one of those people who make Christmas and all things associated with it a chore, that just has to be done. I LOVE the Christmas season and want to cherish each day while it's here. HOWEVER, I despise doing Christmas cards. It's the one task I absolutely dread. Mostly, it's the "getting the good family picture" part of that chore that I hate the most. Well, my good pal Claudine told me about a website called cardstore.com, where they sell you nice cards at crazy cheap prices, so I tried that out this year. For $25, I ordered 55 cards, and they mail them FOR YOU. If you do the math on this, that is just the price of what the stamps would have cost. I am not sure how they do this but oh it makes me happy. Used an old fall photo, and voila'! the most dreaded of Christmas tasks is over.

I was just reading a Taste of Home magazine, one of my favorites, hoping to find some new Christmas baking inspirations, which I did not find, but I did become inspired to create more holiday traditions for my family. An example is someone who says they always cook a beef tenderloin on Christmas day for their family, or they always have eggnog pancakes on Christmas morning. With all of the hub bub this past year, I have sort of set my baking/cooking loves to the wayside and switched to just doing the basics, but once things "settle down" HA HA!! I said once things SETTLE DOWN! (Who does that happen for???) I will resume my trying new recipes/love of baking/cooking like I once did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel