Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Peeves

I had to make a trip to Target today since the nosepad fell off my glasses and I noticed it was getting uncomfortable to wear my glasses as a result. Somehow the fuzz from a cotton swab being wrapped around the metal portion digging into the side of my nose just wasn't doing the trick anymore. I took Luke along after I picked him up, and apparently the first item on the list was to drop his hat into the toilet at Target before {after? I'm not sure} he went to the bathroom. He commented upon his hat falling into the toilet that he'd made a big mistake. Right on, brother.

So I head to the optical area to share my woes with her and mention the toilet incident, commenting that heh heh, my day can only go up from here, right? We then headed to get a bribe small ICEE for Luke for coming along with me, which he then proceeded to drop in the middle of the aisle after just a few sips. I have to mention that I've had to locate store personnel the last three times I've visited Target for spills, and the previous two were mine, and much pricier. I was gleefully browsing while on an alone trip to Target and sniffing cologne testers when one slipped right out of it's plastic harness shattering all over the floor {oops!} and then last time, buying an Olay Pro X facial cleanser which although it was in a plastic tube, when it slipped out of my cart, cracked and started spilling all over the floor {still expensive but slightly less expensive oops} so the ICEE spill today was a much less costly oops caused by me. Although it probably tripled the cost of the incident when they pulled from the shelf and then opened and used some sort of Spill Cleanup product similar to a kitty litter cleanup and brushed it all up with a little broom. There must be something in the handbook about how if something was previously in contact with a customer's {oops this is Target here, a guest's} mouth that you heretofore cannot have any handly contact with it and it must be disposed of in a most toxic preventative manner. I felt sort of bad about that, I could really have just wiped it up for him with a few paper towels, but alas.....

Next enter the peeve part of the post. I went through the checkout line, and the cashier didn't say Hello, even when I said Hello to her! PEEVE! Really aren't they supposed to greet you first but especially once you've said hello to them, shouldn't a person respond simply out of good manners? And then she finished the transaction handing things back and forth with me without a word. The optical gal summed it up right when she agreed that she might expect that at Wal Mart, but not at Target.

Then, we headed to Hobby Lobby to obtain some sort of twiney type material for 22 2nd graders to use to make a Love Tree craft tomorrow for their Valentine's Day party. I am really not sure how I keep getting involved in class parties in the games/crafts area as this is not my strength. Also, my 2nd grader announced that he hated the craft as he later wrestled with said twine to make it look like a tree trunk, but once again, alas....
So I am using the bathroom there {do you see a running bathroom theme in today's post?} and encountered one of my other top 10 peeves, sitting on the toilet seat and then standing up with someone else's urine on your butt. I'm sorry but there's really no other way of saying it. And yes, I know most of you are still reeling from the part where I said I sit on the seat but sometimes, you really have to go, and I really don't care so I just sit down. But when you stand up and realize there was pee on the toilet before you OH that chaps me! That is so gross!

Aren't you glad you visited today?
I've got lots more where that came from.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! Yeah,... I think that's all I got right now.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned the hard way also to always LOOK at the toilet seat first--gross! I could really add to your "peeve" list!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel