Saturday, February 26, 2011

'Cuz he's the noteman, yeah, eah, he's the notemannnnnnnnnnn

We went out to a fancy delicious 4 course dinner sort of place tonight with Rob's parents. It was simply delightful and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

As a result of our date night, we hired one of our favorite babysitters and left her the typical note, have the boys brush teeth, go potty, in bed by 8-8:30, help yourself, yaddah yaddah. After we left, this counterfeit note was mysteriously placed next to our real note:

I must say, well played my seven year old, well played. The classic part is even how he signed the note in a typical way I might sign a note or an email.

Genius move.

Luckily for us, we have a very savvy babysitter who saw right through this ploy, and thankfully when we got home at 9:30, they were both already fast asleep.

There was essentially a trail of other notes leading to his bed, which also made me laugh, but not quite as hard as that one.

Even if he did have a bloody nose, which I didn't see evidence of, I can't really see waking him up now for it.

And yes, I do know that this shirt does fit him quite tight, but really, was it so important to tell me how it fitted horrible tonight? Couldn't we have talked about it tomorrow?

Thank you little man for giving me laughs when you've been giving me so much grief lately.
I guess it all balances itself out, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I was three blog entries behind and loved them all. Jack cracks me up, and that is awesome that he wrote that note, as much as you might not think so. LOVE the creativity!! Hilarious. xoxoxo and give him a big squeeze from Auntie Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing out LOUD right now!!
    XOXO,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel