Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mr. Sensitive

My wee Jack is very sensitive and tenderhearted. He tries to do things to please me, such as making me breakfast in bed. Once in a while, this is very sweet and I enjoy it. However, based on the positive response he got the first time or two he did it, he tries to do it every morning that we don't have school. He gets up at exactly 7 am every morning, then comes in to say good morning. He'll putz about for a bit, and my tip off that something is in the works is when my door quietly shuts and I hear the pantry doors start slamming. So, often lately, I will tell him no breakfast in bed today please. This is the note I found when I got out of bed:
Open it up! I mad!

Apparently my constant denials of the offered breakfasts in bed is not making him happy.

I realize as I type that I may sound like Cruella Deville denying a nice thing my son is trying to do for me, and I apologize for that. But, I'm trying to explain to him that when something is done ALL of the time, it loses it's specialness. Plus, honestly now that the boys are older, we take advantage of laying in bed after they have gotten up sometimes just to rest or occasionally catch a few extra winks, so frankly sometimes we are just not awake enough yet to want to eat at 7:07.

For the record, this was just the first of several notes booted my way over the weekend. Oh, the joys of childhood literacy. It cracks me up.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, that is so sweet! He is so much like you as far as being the pleaser when you were little. It makes me wonder if I ever failed to "make over" all the sweet little things you did. I hope not! I do agree breakfast in bed often would get old! Maybe you can suggest a "new" surprise--like doing dishes or something--LOL! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel