Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My favorite places

We went to one of my very favorite places in the whole world yesterday, my grandparents farm in Wisconsin. It is a wonderful getaway for us and the boys absolutely love going there. We played lots of games and just generally slowed down and enjoyed life as much as we could.


We had to skidaddle out of there when the snow started falling down by the bucketload and suddenly there were about 5 inches on the ground, which guessing by the remoteness where we were, wouldn't be plowed that day, if at all, so we cut the weekend short a bit on Sunday.



Judging from my usage of the word skidaddle, we were clearly away from modern civilization for a while.

However, nothing can match being in a place that was completely 100% always overflowing with love and good memories.

And for that I am so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Love those pictures and instantly makes me homesick! Can't wait until summer and getting there to escape the madness!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel