Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daily Five

I think coming up with a blog title is hard!
So, if there's nothing specific to define the post, we'll just call it Daily Five--five minutes of what's new in our lives.

Here's my last produce run in the garden--not too bad!

We've been abundantly blessed with cucumbers. I get 3-4 every time I check the garden. The green beans have been good too. The potatoes are a little disappointing; what you see above is what I got after digging up half of my row. The carrots aren't too bad, though a little bitter. They are good when cooked.
We sliced up the potatoes and carrots and put them in foil with butter on the grill for dinner. Yum! Especially when you know exactly where they came from!
*************************
Here's some before and afters with the new carpet. We love it! The boys have been true to their word and have been using the basement much more since it's been installed.





Don't we match with our #4 homestyled haircuts? Our barber is the BEST!
*************************
Here's just a few shots of our house/surroundings on a really beautiful day recently. This setting is truly all I've ever wanted so I have no reason to complain! It's so peaceful.



3 comments:

  1. Girl, the basement looks AWESOME with the carpet! Can't wait to see it next time we're up there.

    I think your garden did good, especially for this being your first crack at it. We gave up on ours with the 100+ degree temps :( But I'm sure next Spring we'll be out there again.

    The boys look great. Very handsome ;) How are they liking school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you are right on the money,... the surroundings look beautiful and peaceful! There was nothing but the fluffy white stuff everywhere when we were up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these fresh veggies and beautiful free space make me yearn for country living! I think you should be really really proud of your garden! Love the carpet too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel