Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Showered

Saturday, I was fortunate enough to be the guest of honor at a baby shower that my two neighbors decided to throw for me. These few poor attempts at pictures are all I captured sadly, but it was a really nice day. I feel so blessed that I have 10 or 15 ladies here whom I consider good enough friends to invite to something like this. I continue to be amazed at the openess and generosity of the women I meet here. As I looked around the room at each person, I realized there is something I admire or have learned from each of them.

I will never underestimate the power of girlfriends.

They decorated bibs and onesies

Not sure what my hands are doing here

The two lovely hosts

How cute was this table centerpiece? Those are socks on there!

And seriously, look at this. And she can whip these out in about 5 hours. Amazing. Here re-enters panicky thoughts about how I need to acquire some skills.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful! So glad that you have such a good circle of friends there! You look completely adorable, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, you look great; glad to see you before the baby comes. Time is soon here! How did she knit that so fast! Friends are so wonderful!

    Mom Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel!! YOU LOOK SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh my goodness...
    How happy it makes me that you are as loved in Iowa as MUCH in Indiana. Thoughts and prayers are with you in this final lap, my friend...you've got this, girlfriend!
    I'll touch base this week!
    A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel