Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Do unicorns fart green mold?

Hello friends.

We are back from our Christmas jaunt to Indiana, and it was truly lovely.

It was full of baby butts, unicorn farts and all else that is magical and lovely, and I really didn't want it to end. You know how sometimes, you are sort of ready to be home after a trip and get back into your routine? Well, I really wasn't there this time. I could have used several more days and that would have been perfect. I was so needing this trip and excited for it, that it makes it that much tougher to accept that it's already over.

As I said before, this was the most fun we've had yet with the boys for Christmas. They traveled well and were so excited to celebrate 4 Christmases. Luke didn't even throw fits being the odd man out at my sister's and played happily alone much of the time. Maybe he knew he had his coming when he visited the cousins on the other side. He would happily stitch himself inside the skin of his cousins Megan and Lauren if he could. He was glued to them at all times and loved every minute of it. Today, when the boys were trying on some clothes that came from their house, he commented that they smelled like Lauren! Like I said, the boy is smitten.

Let us remember Christmas 2010 as the year of Star Wars. They got Star Wars movies, shirts, and sheets. Star Wars books, sticker books and wipe off boards. Star Wars puzzles, Legos, and figurines.  And they couldn't be happier with all of it.

Here's the annual grandkids photo:



This one's in age order...2 7's, 3 5 year olds spell trouble in the middle, and 2 2 year olds...


This garage sale find was one of the biggest gift hits...

I loved this crawl space find so much that I had to wrap it and give it  as a gag gift. I knew my brother would appreciate the pencil sketch of me done in high school. I know, I just can't give it up but it makes me laugh.

Bloated + food coma=I'm not sure which camera to look at.


Cousin photo on the other side of the family. Luke is securely fastened between his two current loves.

This is an actual photo taken by my camera. I think we have problems. I can't seem to get a clear photo anymore to save my life.

The trip home was uneventful, and we are lucky enough to have kind neighbors who plowed out the foot of snow we got while we were gone so we could actually drive up our driveway. And, just for the cherry on top, we were served breakfast in bed this morning by two small boys who strangely resembled our own. That was after an hour and a half of quiet play while we slept in. The best part of the breakfast was that the toast was covered in green mold, which they weren't concerned about thinking it was just from markers that were all over their fingers.

Ohhh, Life Is Good.

1 comment:

  1. OK, first of all I love the cousin photo with the matching PJs. Just too darn cute!
    Secondly, I'm really glad you guys had a good trip. You all deserved some fun time away.
    Thirdly, I'm a bit peeved that I was not a worthy recipient of your pencil portrait, but I'll save that for a different date and time.
    Fourthly, that photo taken with your camera totally gave me a little bit of vertigo.
    And lastly, nothing sounds better right now than a slice of moldy toast. I mean seriously, YUM!
    OK, so I lied, I have one more thing to say ~ I really wish we were spending New Year's with you guys again :(
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel