Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Beware of deadly flying weapons

I expected certain things when we moved into the country.

It takes me 25 minutes to get to the Super Target.
We can't get pizza delivery.
There's more bugs.
It's dustier.

However, I didn't anticipate deadly objects flying within range of my children. And, I'm not happy about it. At all.

We pulled out of the garage to go to church on Sunday and I noticed an arrow sticking straight into the ground within a foot of our driveway. Immediately, I suspected our teenager neighbor boy. Because, everyone we have met has had a story about this boy. I'm not askin', they're just offerin'. So, judge me not, but I had already judged him long before I met him. I know, it's not a Christian thing, but it's reality. The pranks he's pulled have not been lost on me, and I've heard the reason might be that he's a bit unsupervised. So, naturally, he was the first one who came to mind who might have thought it was a nifty idea to shoot bow and arrow into our range.

Sadly, it's even worse—his dad was involved in this idiotic incident. You see, they were trying to get a limb down from a tall tree, so naturally it made sense to loop a rope around an arrow, and shoot it into the air. Except, well, "one got away from us", he says. Which happens to be the one that landed a foot from our driveway, where not only our children play, but often 6 or so others as well. So the DAD was the jackwagon this time, not even the son.

I'm all fire and venom on this one. Rob assures me when he returned the arrow and inquired if it was theirs, while including where it was found, the implications of what might have happened were not lost on the father and he was very apologetic. I've considered a strongly worded note just to be sure. I mean, seriously? Shooting a bow that can take out a big deer towards our yard where small children play never struck anyone over there as maybe a bit DANGEROUS? Or idiotic? Aaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Do you ever feel you might be one of the small handful of people left in the world who was doled out a portion of common sense? God help us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! How dangerous! I would have just freaked out! Thought maybe you had a tribe living close by!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel