Sunday, December 19, 2010

Celebrations

As I uploaded my pictures tonight to share our family Christmas celebration, I realized that I haven't shared some other photos from the past month in that same category. They are all out of order because I'm too tired to get the pictures all drug around in proper order.

Here's Rob's parents celebrating their 43rd anniversary at our house last month:
Our Thanksgiving feast
Celebrating our town's Christmas

A gift from my mother in law Jean-LOVE IT! How cute is this little sled?


My birthday

Birthday gift; a set of three adorable trees. Here is little and medium.

The previously referenced Christmas cookie escapade


And finally, our Christmas celebration.

It was so much fun. I feel like are in this perfect window where the awe and wonder of it all has sunk in and the excitement almost can't be contained. I think the kids are in their prime for their ages in terms of full-on Christmas excitement and it was awesome. I LOVED watching their faces. This year, Rob had the idea that they put their heads together and agree upon an amount of their own money to spend on each other, so yesterday we loaded up and went to the Dollar Tree so they could each pick out 4 gifts for each other. One of the highlights for me was watching Jack's face watching Luke's face opening the gifts he had chosen for him. It was priceless. They were patient and thankful, and it was a memory I don't want to fade.
It was all sort of like this,

and truthfully, a lot like this.
Since my camera resides in my purse, it often switches to the wrong settings and I don't catch it before I take a picture, but honestly, this one sort of captures it all. So much build up and excitement, and it is gone in a blur.

These matching robes from Santa were a huge hit.

And after all the gifts were opened, we sort of laid down in all of it like in A Christmas Story and bathed in all of its goodness.

 I hope Christmas at your house is just as good as ours was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel