Saturday, September 11, 2010

Clouds of dust

I haven't been cleaning much.

I have dedicated most of my newfound free time to self-improvement. As many of you know through our talks, this is a good investment right now. I am exercising, making decent dinners, and keeping up with dishes and laundry pretty much on a daily basis. Y'know, keepin' at a Level One on the housekeeping front.

In my continuous quest to further my housekeeping levels, I decided to work towards a Level Two. (If you are unfamiliar with my housekeeping levels, click here.
When I fired up the vacuum, it actually spit up a small cloud of dust at me as it got started.
I'm not kidding.
It's been a while.

Oh the nerve of it.

But here's what I think. Tonight, as you raise a tall cool one, give a cheer to all those hardworking moms out there who are taking care of themselves, trying to nurture strong healthy little bodies and minds, who are sitting down to read or play games or exclaiming in the 10th round hide-and-seek that oh my gosh under the bed, what a UNIQUE place to hide I never wouldda found you, and let us remember that it's OK if your vacuum spits up in disgust of you or your bathrooms smell like a port-o-potty, because you know what? That other stuff matters the most.

3 comments:

  1. OK, so let me get this straight, the vacuum actually spit at you? Oh my! Well, lemme tell you what I would do ~ I would show that vacuum who's boss and put him in a very dark corner of a closet and give him time to think about that terrible thing he did... you know, while I raise a tall cool one ;)
    Get out and play and enjoy each other ~ the rest will get done eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well stated my friend! I try to remember that when the bottom of Hollis' feet look like she walked through tar. The culprit?
    My kitchen floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can't believe you don't vacuum every day, keep all of the dishes/laundry done, keep yourself fit and looking hot, pay the bills, make the meals, do the shopping, take care of the hubby, do yardwork, find a minute to go to the bathroom totally by yourself, make sure homework is done, and have some mental health time. What in the world is wrong with you? I'm going to have to rescind my nomination for mother of the year, ha ha ha!!! Just teasing, I never seem to get nominated either....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel