Monday, September 16, 2013

Changes

At 18 months, Josie only had about 3 words that she used properly, in context. I really wasn't too concerned, as she has 4 people regularly waiting on her and kissing her cute little butt, but the doctor wanted her to see First Steps and have her evaluated for speech, which we did, and for about a month, Josie has been seeing a developmental therapist once a week. I have to think it has helped, because as of now, she has about 30 words. Either that, or it was just the same timing and it would have happened anyway. I am going to go with the idea that therapy has helped pull those words out and give us good strategies on how to do that.

Tonight, she gave me that 30th word for the list, punk. Around here, I use the word "punk" as a term of endearment, despite how it might come across. In storytelling, however, it is another thing, as in, I was waited on in the store by a young high school punk. But, for our purposes tonight, I was calling her a punk in the most loving way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel