Thursday, September 12, 2013

A few quick thoughts tonight

Hi there, nothing earth shattering to discuss tonight, just thought I would share a few more of the tidbits I best liked about the Happiness Project book.

*The One Minute Rule- don't postpone anything that can be done in one minute. (This would sure eliminate a lot of the clutter and "big clean up" sessions I have if I would stick with this idea)

*Act the way we want to feel. I shared this one with Jack, and we have tried it when we are feeling tired/lazy but want to feel energetic, by going outside and taking a bike ride, etc. and pretending like we are full of energy to try to get us there. I like this concept.

*Six seconds is the minimum hug time to promote bonding. Try it out.

and finally,

*People are 97% more likely to feel close to a family member who often expresses affection.

All sensible stuff, but we all need good reminders! Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel