Friday, March 2, 2012

Musings

I think I am watching too much E! channel lately. I have become a bit obsessed. Remember, this is coming from the girl who rarely watches any TV, but, I'm in the recliner feeding Josie 6 times a day for 30-40 minutes each time, so a girl has to pass the time somehow. It started with the Kardashians, which has now spilled over into Khloe and Lamar. I like those two a lot! And while you are on that channel, they advertise for shows like Ice Loves Coco, so dammit, now I'm watching that too. And, if I get lucky enough I get to see some E! News or E! True Hollywood Story, or even better, The Soup with Joel McHale.

I know I've watched too much of this because I have gained a few new words, like dramz (drama) and cray cray (crazy). I even had a moment of temporary insanity, and forgetting that my husband is a man and not up on things like trendy words, used the word dramz in a conversation we were having.

He thought I'd had a mild stroke and asked me to repeat myself.

Lucky I didn't use cray cray or I would have gotten admitted.

The dramz was related to a seemingly innocent act of taking dinner and a gift to Jack's teacher, who recently  had a baby. They live in a pretty neighborhood not far from ours, where you drive onto a lane which has 3 or 4 houses sprouting off of the lane. It had just snowed that day, and it was a wet snow which was starting to melt, then refreeze. We weren't sure which house it was, so I gunned it up the lane thinking it was the house at the top. Unfortunately, it wasn't, and I couldn't make it up the driveway. But, when I tried to reverse back down the lane, I started to slide sideways. I ended up sideways with my van on this skinny lane, with dropoffs both in front of and behind me. Did I mention I had Jack with me? Oh my. If you know Jack, you will know that these types of situations do not fare well with him. He is a somewhat anxious child who lies in bed at night for 1 1/2 hours before he falls asleep worrying about 'what if's'. Well, I got the point where I sat there with my brakes on and didn't know what to do. I was fairly sure I was going to either go forward or backwards over the edge, so I asked Jack to get out on the upward slant where I could see him, so that if I did go down, at least he wouldn't be with me. Luckily, an inhabitant of one of the houses saw my dramz and came out to instruct me as to the best way to get my van out of the predicament, which we did. Whew. Well, we delivered the meal and gift, and upon leaving her house, and reversing out of her driveway which put me onto a downward slope, I got stuck trying to get back up the lane. You can only imagine. Bring on the hyperventilating. And try as he might, he couldn't hold back the crying either. And all you want them to do is be quiet so you can focus and figure out what you should do? Yeah, one of those times. We tried to shovel ourselves out, but I was only spinning my wheels, so we had to trudge back and take them from the warm meal we had just delivered them to try to help us get out. A bag of sand later and a running start up the hill, and we were saved. Poor Jack had to come home and spend an exhorbitant amount of time in the bathroom relieving himself of all the evening's stress. So, do you see why I used the word dramz in describing how our evening had gone? Oh, and also I was trying to get home by 6:30 for Rob to leave for his bowling league and get there on time (he didn't) and also get back before Josie realized she wanted to eat and started to throw a fit (she did). All in all, not my best showing. Oh, and don't let me forget, I almost backed out of the garage into our garage door which I forgot to open before starting to reverse! So really, the evening was doomed from the get go.

It's enough to make a girl cray cray.

2 comments:

  1. Bwhahahaha! OMG, girl!!! You just made my night with this story. The boy dramz and the cray cray driving are enough to make me wet my pants, fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! But you forgot to mention "gorj" or did I make that one up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel