Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday

It's probably safe to say that when I start typing in the big blank box for my blog entry with no real coherent thought as to where I am going with it, you are going to leave here slightly unfulfilled. The slightly part being just a kindness to myself.

I'm down in the gutter with a cold. I've had the cough for a month and the cold for about a week and a half, but it really punched me in my kneecaps just yesterday. It feels like there is some sort of construction work by tiny men being carried out right between my eyebrows. Those same tiny men also pour concrete into my nostrils which conveniently sets while I sleep, only to start again the next night. I can't taste or smell anything which completely takes the fun out of eating. I'm not a pill popper by any stretch, but I have to give a shout out to my friends at Excedrin. It's possible you should need a prescription for this wonder drug. It is amazing. It is the only thing that will take away a headache for me. Ever. I see no need for Tylenol's existence. It does absolutely nothing for me ever, but my steadfast friend Excedrin always does the trick. If only I didn't have to wait 6 hours because after about 4 the tiny men put their lunch pails away, throw their hard hats back on, and resume their work full throttle in my head.

So that's about it. We continue being dumped on with snow which bothers me not in the least. Except it might mean a snow delay or{gasp}cancellation, which under normal circumstances would be all fine and dandy except if my guys fight with this party going on in my head it's going to be a loooooooong day.

So to end with a positive spin, today I give thanks for Excedrin, beautiful snow, and the fact that my body usually feels quite fantastic so I appreciate it even more when I'm not feeling so groovy.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you are not feeling well; just chuckled to how you analyzed it! My thoughts would never get there. Get better! How much snow? Mom M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how much snow; maybe 5-8"? Plus blowing so I'd anticipate some sort of affect on schooling tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say the worst part of being a Mama is never being able to call in for a sick day! I hope you feel better soon!!
    allie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel