Monday, August 20, 2012

Holy Smokes

As in... HOLY SMOKES it's been a long time since I've posted. I didn't realize I hadn't posted even one time this summer break. Sorry folks. You must have given up on me.

My only excuse is that Rob has taken a new job and we are moving. And while that alone constitutes a post or two by itself, life still moves on, so tonight I will just leave you with some new pictures. A lot has changed in 2 1/2 months, and we've had some fun along the way, so I'll leave you with pictures tonight and hopefully more to come in the future on the move and the process that a move is.



Our old neighbors from Wisconsin came and visited us

Josie turned 8 months old!

We went camping with friends--was a bit apprehensive on Josie but she did AWESOME! I simply must stop selling her abilities short. I also kayaked for the first time. Loved it!
My first camping trip!

Getting ready to take off

Rite of passage... first tupperware drawer adventure

A morning at the park with neighbors and good friends

Field of Dreams; such a fun day trip!

Looked EXACTLY like the movie. Very simple, not commercialized, and FREE to get in. Ironically, as it often goes, almost all of the visitors in the guestbook are not from Iowa. Why is that? Why don't we ever take advantage of what is right next to us?

If you build it.....

On the bleachers from the movie


Then we went and had a picnic--self timer--nice! Please NOTE that I got a new camera as well; any improvments in the quality? Hope so!

Underneath THIS oak tree. So beautiful don't you agree?

And then there's miss Josie who SO wants to crawl...

There's lots of the butt up in the air....

Then we sit and rest....

And then we just look cute.

First day of 4th grade today! A bit nervous...

I told him that was normal, I was always nervous on the first day too! He said some of the other kids looked nervous too...

First day of FIRST grade despite his objections that he doesn't want to do "grades", he only likes kindergarten.

More to come another night...........................


2 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks so much for the pictures they keep us so much closer. Everyone is growing so much! Josie is growing so much too just can't believe it. Love and Prayers, Mom and Dad Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Josie looks so big and gorgeous and cuddly. I can't believe Jack is already going into the 4th grade... geez! I hope they both had a great first day of school. Love you, guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel