Wednesday, August 29, 2012

An example of bad naked

Let me tell you a story. Because, you know my mission of this blog is to continually educate my readers.

I put Josie down for her morning nap, so I figured that would be the best time to sneak in a shower. I brought the monitor in the bathroom, stripped down for the shower as you do, and as I was getting ready to step in to the shower, noticed the screen went dark on the monitor, letting me know the video end was no longer perched on the top of the crib as it should be. Being that it is attached to a cord, I naturally sprinted into Josie's room to be sure it wasn't in her crib. I readjusted the monitor out of her reach, and then crept out into the hallway to spy on her next moves through the crack in the door. Naturally Josie wasn't startled that I came into her room naked after putting her down for a nap, and just rolled with the punches.

As I watched her, I felt like I probably shouldn't get into the shower until she was on he way to Sleepydom and I knew she wouldn't get into any sort of jam requiring my assistance. Being that it shouldn't take long to get to that point, I didn't think I really needed to go the hassle of getting my robe on and all that jazz. No one was home and remember, I live in the country so that's how you can roll out here.

As it got longer and longer into the watching her get sleepy stage, I figured I might was well be productive and work on my grocery list as I was going to be hitting the grocery after she got up. As I made my list, I realized I needed to confirm that I had butter to make my sister's yummy banana french toast casserole recipe in the morning for friends, so I opened the fridge to confirm. That's when a pitcher of lemonade came crashing to the floor spilling everywhere. It is noteworthy that when I placed the lemonade in that spot earlier I thought how much it would suck if it tipped out and spilled everywhere as it was perched a bit precariously on the shelf, but figured it would probably be fine.

Do you remember that episode of Seinfeld where he gets a new girlfriend who likes to do all sorts of things naked, but then he realizes, there are good naked and bad naked things to do? Good naked things might be washing your car with lots of suds, or maybe running your fingers through your hair. Bad naked includes things like operating a jackhammer, or say bending down to clean up a pitcher of lemonade that has sprayed all the way into the next zip code.

So learn from me, my friends. Watch, and learn. It's what I'm here for. This was DEFINITELY a case of bad naked.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some memorable pictures! Can't imagine sleeping like that for a 1/2 hour. Love it!
    Mom M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel