Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And they're off....

The big boys are off to school. They were pretty ho-hum about the whole back to school thing until Back to School night, where they got to see their rooms, meet their teachers and drop off supplies. After that, they said they wished school started that day. So I had little doubt that the first day would be greeted with anticipation and excitement.

Note dead hummingbird behind Jack. Even he was shocked Jack's in 3rd grade already.

Even though I look constipated, I am still excited about kindergarten!

My hope is that after this, the longest summer of their school years, they remember all of the fun things we did. The forts they built, the lemonade stands they held, days at the pool, trips to see family and friends, our big trip out west, ice-pops, slip n' slides, sleeping in, and all of the general lazy days we had. Because I gotta tell you, driving home from school, I felt like we'd just done this yesterday.

I think I might start to listen now to all those older and wiser parents who keep warning us that it goes fast.

You know, I think they might be right.

1 comment:

  1. Who are those two handsome boys in the picture! Of course, they are my sweet grandsons! Have a great year at school. Love, Grandma Miller

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel