Tuesday, July 26, 2011

He's six now!

My little boy has turned 6, and in my dreadful bout of motivationlackitis, I have not acknowledged that fact.

Slap my hand.

I fiercely love this little bugger.

The same boy who used to make me lie in bed at night wondering how I'd ever get through his strong will has turned into the best natured, easygoing,  happy boy, seemingly overnight. He makes me laugh almost every day.

Luke: I love the way you furrow your brow thinking over what was said and processing it in the recesses of your mind for later. I love how you notice every license plate and know the make and model of car that everyone we know drives.I love how you ask me a million questions a day like, "Why is the sky blue?" I love how you easily adapt to changes in your environment. I love how you will still snuggle with me and call me Mama. I love your little blond curls and how upset you get if you know you've hurt someone's feelings or if you've upset someone. I love that you still say "wif" instead of "with", call the Hampton Inn "Samson Inn" no matter how many times I tell you otherwise, call Subway "Sailboy" and say "Goyls" instead of girls. I love your big heart and watching you sleep.




1 comment:

  1. Seriously, this is SO sweet! I would bear hug that lovable boy of yours right now if I could!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel