Saturday, October 16, 2010

Minnesota daytrip

The kids had a day off yesterday, so Rob decided to take the day off as well, and since it was another unbelievably beautiful fall day and all, we decided to take a road trip. I'd heard from friends that the Lanesboro, Minnesota area was pretty and quaint, so we loaded up and headed out. I love spending a day like this.





I called my sister before we left since it was her birthday, and in the course of the conversation, mentioned that Rob was cleaning our shower, and when he was finished, we were going to head out to a quaint little town about an hour and a half away. Her reply went something like this:

"First of all, however you can get him to clean the tub, and then drive 1 1/2 hours to a quaint small town, is beyond me. Whatever Jedi mind tricks you're using, why don't you pass them my way."

Which was actually quite funny and made us both laugh for a long time.

But really, it's like this. The man likes things clean. That's the story on that. And secondly, and more importantly, I'm just fortunate that we both like to do the same things, so the thought of driving somewhere we've never been on, on roads we've never driven, appeals to him just as much as it does to me.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Just driving where you have never been before is the best. Boys are great travelers too!
    Mom M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We love to just get in the car and go! Love it!!! And all I can say is that you are quite lucky to have scored such a great guy. I love me Robbie Neville!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel