Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daily Five

This week sort of flew by but nothing felt accomplished. On more than one occasion, my kitchen looked like this:

Sometimes it feels like all you do is clean up meals and then prepare for the next one. So, I left breakfast sit, and lunch sit, and then by about 4 pm I decide to clean it all up.

Doesn't help when the boys play like this:

Sort of adds to the "messy" look of the kitchen. But I had to be quiet, the "guys" were all taking their naps, so, oh well, guess I can't clean the kitchen up yet.

Plus, the floors always look this this:

from all the in and out going on all day.

So, I must say, nothing close to even a Level One achieved this week.
*************************
I saw a bumper sticker this week that said:

I ♥ my wife

and, I had to think to myself, how badly did this guy have to screw up to be asked to put this bumper sticker on his truck?

Is this sort of the Scarlet Letter of the 20th century?

Mmm hmm, baby, that's right, you gonna put that bumper sticker on that truck so EVERYBODY know who you comin' home to at night. Uh huh, you know that's right.

Kinda makes you wonder how that conversation went down.
*************************

Sort of on this same note, I noticed several people this past weekend (like 4) who at first glance seemed quite conservative, but upon further observation, had either an earring in (man) or a tattoo (woman). Conservative, as in, old man wearing velcro shoes and those thin twill dress pants, yet has a diamond stud earring in. Or, lady with him sporting a tattoo on her leg.

I don't even know what the tattoo was of. It doesn't really matter. All I am saying is, once you see those items, you automatically think that despite their outward appearance, there is a bit of a wild child or a rebel hiding in there. Or, at least that's what I thought.
*************************
I am so excited that Jack is making real progress towards learning to swim. While he isn't brave enough yet to jump into the deep end and swim to the side, I know he could if he'd just build up the courage, so that's what we are working towards now.

I just have to keep focusing on the fact that he's doing things now that he wouldn't have done 6 months ago so we are getting there. Just have to keep up on those lessons and go to the pool more.
*************************
Rob was a project fool this weekend. He worked on this today:



This room, which is in the basement, formerly had those green stick on squares, so we are putting a new floor in, which while also "stick on", looks a whole lot better in my opinion.

He also landscaped a whole new area in the backyard near our bedroom windows, but by the time I sat down to write this blog, it was too late to take pictures, so more to come on that.

After all of that, he dumped in a heavy duty bleach mixture into the well to try to kill all of the freakin' bacteria which according to a water test have set up camp in there. Hope this works.

So, all work and no plays makes Rob a tired, tired boy. He's collapsed on the couch now and probably will be asleep by the time I make my way out there.

Hope you had a good weekend too.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, you crack me up! Love the bumper sticker observation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of any "this is what my life is really like" posts. My house is a HUGE mess right now but I can't seem to muster up any energy or motivation to get right on it. Oh well,...

    Also, glad to hear Jack is making progress in his swimming. Isabella was finally able to showcase her new water skills to her daddy yesterday. He was one proud papa!

    Thinking of you! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I have those days where I think," Please God, don't make me scrub another potty or pick up the playroom for the 587th time today."
    Then a little voice pops in my ear and tells me that it won't be this way forever. I think every Mama has those feelings!
    Way to go with the new floor ROb! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel