Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily Five

*Rob and I had a date last night. A flooring date! Just the kind of thing that would be a nightmare to take the kids to. We shopped Home Depot and Lowe's for hours trying to determine what kind of carpet and laminate or other flooring we wanted to put in the basement. Our brains were fried afterwards. But I SO enjoy spending time alone and getting to have conversation—uninteruppted! So it really doesn't matter to me what we are doing as long as we are able to get out and have some time alone.

*Between coming home from that date, and taking the babysitter home, I saw 15-20 frogs. WTF????? I don't know if I have ever noticed even one frog in the road before, let alone 15-20 separate incidents. I must have missed the memo on whatever convention they were all attending last night.

*Word to the wise. NEVER put "weed garden" on a to do list. I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEE lists but the love is in the crossing off, and this one is uncrossable. It's like putting "be a good mom" or "read books" on a to do list. Impossible. Never done and never can be crossed off.

*At the store the other night after seeing the fish for sale in fishtanks, Jack said, "Mom, I think if I was a fish, every day would be the worst day ever."
"Why's that?"
"Because you'd never get to go ANYWHERE, you'd just have to swim around in your jar all day."

Every statement is always so extreme with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel