Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whew, ok, finally catching up enough on my "to do" list to blog a bit more about my recent trip to Indiana. Despite the fact that all of our derrieress still had car seat indentations from North Carolina, the boys and I turned around and headed to Indiana to visit friends and family just days after returning. I basically had time to do laundry, mow, pay a few bills, and hit the grocery store before we were off again.

This is what Jack asked:
"Mom, how long will it take to get there?"
Me: "Oh, about 8 hours."
"Oh, well that's not bad! That's only one day!"

Is there anything wrong with this picture?

Let me just say, I did a horrible job capturing this trip with photos. I took all of 3. And, they were all taken at just one of the 4 places I stayed, sooooo, I'm so sorry if it appears skewed in any way but I just finally got smart enough towards the end of the trip to set my camera out on the counter.

3 of the 4 Kreiner boys and my two watching Tom and Jerry

Yeah, ok, so I always think pyramids and other silly poses like this cheerleading one are just funny, so here you go. My old euchre group together once again. And yes ,this pose was my idea.

Claudine and I

We started our trip at my Mom's for the weekend. It's really nice to just have a whole weekend to hang out and really have no plans, since our time together is often rushed by events or holidays. We lazed around outside all day in our own sweat and laughed as the boys jumped into the pool and wiped out. Mom made a nice dinner Saturday night and I was even able to go to church alone. Thanks Mom!

Next we went to my sister's, who remained remarkably calm in the face on an impending move in the next month. I raided her candy cupboards like normal, ate breadsticks from Pizza Express (yeah, now it's called Hotbox but that just doesn't feel right), and we just hung out and enjoyed each other's company. We entertained ourselves by playing tricks like changing the language on Jack's DS to Spanish to see if he'd notice next time he logged on, and we laughed so hard about it we almost peed ourselves. Seriously. This is what it comes down to sometimes. We just make our own entertainment.

Next, we were off to my old pal Claudine's. We have now approached the era that we have known each half of our lives. How awesome is that? She has 4 great boys and seems to stay incredibly calm throughout, though once my two loud boys were added the noise in that house was unbelievable. We had to go outside or move into another room just to hear ourselves talk. But seriously, 6 boys 7 and under, under one roof? What do you expect? Once again, Pizza Express breadsticks were enjoyed, beer was drunk, and my bloating factor was increasing by the millisecond but I was loving every minute of it. Thanks for hosting euchre and letting me see all of my very naughty friends again! It was a blast. I still don't have a friend yet in Iowa who will send a text beforehand saying "Let Rachel know I will be getting there soon and I'm not wearing a bra." What trash talkers you girls are and boy is it fun.

I rounded out my traveling circus show visiting with old neighbors, and seeing my beautifully glowing pregnant friend Allie. This girl knows southern hospitality like none other. We had delicious food which I still drool a little into my pillow thinking of, and it was fantastic to sit and talk for over 3 hours after the kids had gone to bed.

Thank you to all who put up with us so graciously. I always leave these trips reaffirming just how blessed we are to have such a strong and wide circle of friends and family. I love you all!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel